When we refer to “Random Nerd Tutorials“, we refer to the entity Random Nerd Tutorials, Unipessoal LDA. That acts as the controller or processor of your information, as explained in more detail in the section “Entities that collect personal information”, below.
1. General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Random Nerd Tutorials reports that is in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Random Nerd Tutorials is committed to submit all personal data received to the applicable principles of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). To learn more about General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), click on the following link: (https://ec.europa.eu/commission/priorities/justice-and-fundamental-rights/data-protection/2018-reform-eu-data-protection-rules_en).
Random Nerd Tutorials is responsible for processing the personal data that receives, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and automatically transfers this responsibility to third parties acting on its behalf.
Due to personal data received or transferred, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), Random Nerd Tutorials is subject to the Portuguese regulations and the European Commission. In some situations, it may be necessary for Random Nerd Tutorials to disclose personal information in response to requests from authorities, for example, to comply with regulations of national security or police.
2. Entities that collect personal information
Random Nerd Tutorials is composed of a legal entity. When we mention “Random Nerd Tutorials”, “us”, or “our” in this privacy notice, we are referring to the company Random Nerd Tutorials, Unipessoal LDA, responsible for processing your personal information. The Terms of Service or Contracts between you and Random Nerd Tutorials will determine that terms will be handled by the company Random Nerd Tutorials, Unipessoal LDA, which is the controlling entity of your personal information. The personal information on this website is collected by Random Nerd Tutorials, Unipessoal LDA.
3. Collection of personal information
As a visitor of our website, you can participate in several activities without providing personal information.
However, when you register to use our website or buy our digital products as a registered user of Random Nerd Tutorials, in order to provide services, we may need to collect the following personal information:
- Contact information (your name, address, VAT number, and email address);
- Billing information (your credit card’s number, expiration date, type of card, and billing address);
- Profile data, including your user name and password, details about your purchases, and the content or product you want to purchase.
4. How to update your personal information and privacy preferences
If requested, Random Nerd Tutorials will inform you if we keep or process any personal data on behalf of third parties. To request this information, contact us through e-mail [email protected]
5. How your personal information is used
Random Nerd Tutorials may use your information to:
- Process your financial transactions;
- Send you the order or renewal confirmations;
- Register your rights, if there is, to technical support or other advantages that may be available to registered users;
- Answer to requests, questions, and/or concerns directed at customer service;
- Manage your account;
- Send your requested product or service;
- Keep you informed of Random Nerd Tutorials articles, special offers, and selected partners;
- Manage promotions and sweepstakes in which you participate and inform you about the result;
- Investigate, prevent or act concerning illegal activities and/or violations of our Terms and Conditions;
- To follow up our research and development needs of products/services and improve our website, services, and offers;
- Customize your experience, directing our services and offers to you.
In certain situations, Random Nerd Tutorials may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests made by public authorities, including to respond to national security or public safety requirements as required by law (for example, to respond to a notification, court order or legal process at Random Nerd Tutorials), and when we believe that some disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, avoid litigation, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, and/or respond to a request from the Government. We can also disclose your information if we determine that such disclosure should be made for reasons of national security, law enforcement, or other matters of public importance.
6. Sharing information with service providers
Random Nerd Tutorials works with one or more external credit card payment processing companies to charge you for the purchase of our articles or services. As far as we know, such companies do not retain, share, keep or use personal information for any other purpose. Here is a list of these companies:
- Stripe – Credit/Debit Card Payments;
- PayPal – Payments with credit card and/or Payments with PayPal account;
We do not sell or provide, in no other way, personal information to other companies to market their products or services.
7. Data retention
We will keep your information while your account is active, as long as the information is necessary to provide you our services or, as necessary, to comply with our legal obligations. If you want to delete your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you our services, please contact us through this e-mail: [email protected] We will answer your request within a maximum of 30 days. We will maintain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, solve discussions and implement our agreements.
9. Protection of your personal information
The personal information that you provide using our website is protected in several ways.
- Your access to the account profile is available through a password and username. This password is encrypted.
- Your personal information is saved on secure servers.
- Your personal information is encrypted when it is transmitted to Random Nerd Tutorials.
- When you provide sensitive information (for example, your credit card number) in our forms regarding purchase details, this information is encrypted by our PayPal or Stripe partners.
We try to protect the personal information you send us, both during transmission and after receiving it. However, no method of internet transmission or electronic method of storage is 100% secure. Although we consider the importance of the personal information we collect, process, and store and the current state of the technology to establish such measures to protect your personal information, we can not guarantee absolute security.
If you are registered at Random Nerd Tutorials and have any questions about security on our website, send us an e-mail to [email protected]
10. Cookies and tracking technologies
The website may collect information automatically while you search, for example, the browser type and version you use, the operating system, the type of device, the average time spent on the websites, the pages viewed, the pages you accessed, the IP address used to connect your computer to the Internet and other relevant statistics. This information is referred to as web analytics or clickstream data.
Technologies like cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts are used by Random Nerd Tutorials to provide more resources and functionality to the website. These technologies are used to analyze trends, manage the website, track user movement through the website, and collect demographic information about our user base as a whole.
12. Links to Third Party websites
Our website includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from the practices defined by Random Nerd Tutorials. If you submit personal information to any of these sites, that information will be handled by their respective Privacy Policies. We recommend that you consult the Privacy Policies of all sites you visit.
13. Social network widgets
14. Privacy Complaints
Persons located in some countries, including the European Union, have certain rights in relation to personal data. Subject to the exceptions provided in the legislation, you may have the right to request access to information, as well as having the possibility of updating, deleting, or correcting them.
Within the limits that the processing of your personal data is performed by Random Nerd Tutorials under the EU General Data Protection Regulation, Random Nerd Tutorials proceeds to this process to ensure legitimate own interests described above. In relation to the processing of some of your personal data by Random Nerd Tutorials, for your own direct marketing purposes, you have the right to reject such use of your personal information by Random Nerd Tutorials at any time by contacting [email protected] so that personal data is removed and your account is closed. You can fill this form to be removed from our database.
Mediavine Programmatic Advertising
For information regarding data collection by Mediavine ad partners including how to opt out of data collection, please click here.
Name: RANDOM NERD TUTORIALS
E-mail: [email protected]
Last updated on April 8, 2021.